Research Output per year
I am lecturer at Tilburg University at the department of sociology, and supervisor MA theses at at the FHR Lim A Po Institute for Social Studies (Paramaribo, Surinam). I teach on sociology, theory, gender, work-life issues, welfare states, and the sociology of work. My main research is cross-national research regarding work-family arrangements in organizations in different welfare state regimes. I co-edited of a number of books: Flexible Working, Organizational Change and the Integration of Work and Personal life (Edward Elgar, 2005), and Diversity, Standardization and Social Transformation. Gender, Ethnicity and Equality in Europe (Ashgate, 2011). I co-wrote with Joanne van der Leun and John Macionis a Dutch introduction to sociology (Pearson, 2010; 2014; new ediion 2019). Currently, my research interests include the well-being of employees, work pressive & occupational stress, the work-life balance of employees and role of managers, and boundary management in relation to work-life issues.
Click here for my courses.
- 2015 - onwards: Lecturer at the department of sociology, Tilburg University.
- 2015 - 2018: Supervisor bachelor theses at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- 2011 - 2017: Assistant professor at the department of criminology, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 2004 - 2015: Assistant professor at the department of Sociology, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 2003-2005: Senior researcher, Utrecht University, Department of Social Sciences.
- 2000-2005: Postdoc researcher, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Department of Social Sciences.
- 1997-2000: Junior and senior researcher at the project ?Community Medation? (1996 ? 1999), and at the project ?Drugrunners? (1999 ? 2000), Department of Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam.