Research Output per year
My research interests are multidisciplinary in nature and derive from (business) economics, organizational psychology, and sociology. Most of my research is empirical and quantitative in nature. Current research topics are:
- corporate governance: the inner working and interaction of top management teams, boards of directors, and works councils;
- decision-making: the application of insights from behavioral economics and social psychology to decision-making in firms.
I participate(d) in a variety of external projects on these topics, e.g. on corporate governance code compliance, executive compensation, board composition, and sustainable decision-making.
2018-.. University College Tilburg - Senior Policy Advisor
2015-.. University College Tilburg - Program Director Business and Economics
2012-.. Tilburg University - Assistant Professor
- see elsewhere on this profile page for main responsibilities
2008-2013 Utrecht University - assistant professor institutional economics (part-time)
- Teaching in the courses Institutional Economics (BSc, 2nd year), Institutional Perspectives on Business (BSc, 3rd year) and theses (2 bachelor, 4 master).
- Research on corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, and behavioral economics.
2008-2012 Antwerpen University - postdoc researcher (part-time)
- Research into effective governance of private organizations. Writing grant application and responsible for scientific integration of findings.
Gerwin van der Laan is Senior Policy Advisor at University College Tilburg and Program Director for its Business and Economics major. He is also a lecturer in the Liberal Arts and Sciences program.
Click here for my courses.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Studies
- Decision Making
- Corporate Governance
- Organisation And Management
- Liberal Arts
The adaptive gender: Female CEOs, board context, and the completion of M&As in the U.S. food industryvan der Laan, G., Muehlfeld, K. & Salomons, A., 2018, More Women on Boards. Devnew, L., Burke, R., Janzen Le Ber, M. & Torchia, M. (eds.). Charlotte: Information Age Publishing Inc., p. 241-253
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter › Scientific › peer-review
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Scientific › peer-review
Culturele Pensioenen voor & van Culturele Ondernemers: Waarom Radicale Design Thinking Oplossingen Nodig zijn om Culturele Ondernemers een Goed Pensioen te Biedenvan den Born, A., van der Laan, G. & Wolsink, L. M., Jan 2017, Tilburg: Tilburg University. 28 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Report › Professional
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Popular
Research output: Contribution to journal › Letter › Scientific › peer-review