K. Korhan Nazliben is assistant professor of finance at Tilburg University and education committee member of TISEM (Tilburg School of Economics and Management). He is also a research fellow at CentER for Economic Research and Netspar (Network for Studies on Pensions, Aging and Retirement). His research focuses on empirical asset pricing, portfolio choice theory and equity prices & corporate governance. His work has appeared in the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control and the Journal of Banking and Finance.
Korhan teaches and coordinates various finance courses on corporate finance at bachelor & (pre) master level. He supervises master theses and PhD students and is also responsible for coordinating the bachelor thesis in finance.
Korhan received his Research Master (2010) and Ph.D. degrees (2015) in Finance at Tilburg University. Previously he graduated from the Middle East Technical University with an MSc in Financial Mathematics and Izmir Institute of Technology with a BSc in Physics.
Employment and fellowships:
- Assistant Professor of Finance, Department of Finance, TISEM, Tilburg University, Sept. 2016 – present.
- Research fellow, CentER, Tilburg University, Sept. 2009 – present
- Research fellow, Netspar, April 2009 – present
- Lecturer, Department of Finance, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Dec. 2015 - Sept. 2017.
- Lecturer, Avans University of Applied Sciences / ASIS, Sept 2012 – Sept 2016
- Research fellow, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Middle East Technical University (Ankara/Turkey) Sept. 2015 – Sept 2017.
- Ph.D. student at CentER, Tilburg University, Sept. 2009 – Dec 2015
Administrative and Managerial Tasks:
- Education committee, TISEM, Sept. 2017 – present.
- Bachelor thesis coordination (finance), TISEM, Sept. 2017 – present.
- PASS Supervision (Program for Academic Success), TISEM, Sept. 2017 - present.
- Assessment committee, Avans University of Applied sciences, Sept. 2015 – Sept. 2016.
At Tilburg University
- Pre-Master in Finance: Financial Management, taught in English to 200-250 students (elective course for the other programs), 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20.
- BSc in International Business Administration: Finance-1 for IBA, taught in English to 350 students (joint course with Business Economics 2 for ECON), 2017/18 and 2018/19.
- MSc in Finance: Thesis Supervision, 48 master thesis students graduated, 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19.
- MSc in International Management: 4 master thesis supervision, 2017/18 and 2018/19.
- BSc in International Business Administration: Academic competences finance, coordination of 100 BSc students’ term projects, 2017/18 and 2018/19.
- MSc in Finance: Investment Analysis, taught in English to 150 students, 2016/17.
- MSc in Finance: Corporate Governance and Restructuring, taught in 80 students (elective course), 2016-2017
Teaching at Other Universities:
- Erasmus University, MSc in Finance: Thesis Supervision, 30 master thesis supervision, 2015/16 and 2016/17.
- Avans University of Applied Sciences, BSc in International Business and Management Studies, taught in English; Courses: Statistics, Currency Risk, Financial Management, Managerial Accounting and Bachelor thesis supervision, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16.
- Excellent Teaching Award 2018/2019, Finance 1 for IBA and Financial Management courses, Tilburg School of Economics and Management.
- Excellent Teaching Award 2017/2018, Financial Management, Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Click here for my courses.
Emil S. Kumara (2017-present): Social diversity on boards and firm performance.